185th Street Extension Project
The City of Lakeville, in partnership with Dakota County, plans to construct 185th Street (future County Road 60) from Dodd Boulevard to Highview Avenue, including a single lane roundabout at Highview Avenue, in 2023.
Project website: 185thStreetExtension.com
The project website will contain all up-to-date project information. Visit the site to learn more about the project, share comments and feedback, and view the project designs as they are prepared.
Highview Avenue between 190th Street and Hideaway Trail
May 15-September 1, 2023
Highview Avenue will close to all traffic between 190th Street and Hideaway Trail for the construction of the 185th Street/Highview Avenue roundabout. During the closure, traffic will be detoured along 190th Street, west of Highview Avenue and along Dodd Boulevard. Highview Avenue is expected to remain closed until September 1, at which time the south and east legs of the roundabout will be reopened to local traffic. The remainder of the project is planned to be completed by mid-October.
- 190th Street, east of Highview Avenue, will be restricted to local traffic only during construction. Regional traffic should follow the posted detour which can be seen in the map below.
- Highview Avenue detour map (PDF)
The roadway and utility construction is scheduled to begin in early April 2023. Due to Federal Endangered Species Act requirements concerning the protection of the threatened norther long-eared bat, tree clearing for the project must occur during the winter months, prior to March 31, 2023. The tree removal must be completed in the winter to avoid disturbing potential summer bad habitat. Tree removal will begin on February 17 and be completed the week of February 20.
If you have questions, contact Lucas Ritchie, Civil Engineer, at 952-985-4504 or by email.
- Improve roadway capacity for growing traffic levels
- Provide safe and efficient access to neighboring developments, including new ISD 194 elementary school
- Enhance pedestrian access to adjacent parks, schools and trail system
- Discovery: February – April 2022: Develop preliminary design layout
- April 14, 2022 Open House No. 1: Introduce project and gather feedback
- Design: April – December 2022: Final design of the selected improvements
- Summer 2022: Begin grading and construction of adjacent development improvements
- 2023: Construction