The City Clerk's office is responsible for election administration in Lakeville.
- August 9, 2022: State Primary Election (absentee/early in-person voting is now open)
- November 8, 2022: General Election (early voting begins September 23, 2022)
Voting In the 2022 Primary Election
There are three ways to vote:
1. Vote By Mail
Request an absentee ballot be mailed to you from mnvotes.org. Return the ballot:
- By mail in the postage-paid envelope sent with your ballot
- By hand delivering it to Lakeville City Hall
- By using a commercial delivery service (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
Ballots must be delivered to City Hall by August 9, 2022.
2. Vote Early In-Person
Vote early in-person at Lakeville City Hall, 20195 Holyoke Avenue, now through August 8, 2022. Direct Balloting starts August 2, 2022, at which time voters can place their ballot directly into the ballot tabulator to be counted.
Voting hours throughout the absentee/early in-person voting period:
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 6: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Monday, August 8: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
3. Vote at the Polls on Election Day
City of Lakeville polling places are open on Election Day, August 9, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
To find out where you vote on Election Day and to see a copy of your sample ballot, visit the Secretary of State’s Polling Place Finder.
City of Lakeville precincts and polling places: Voter precinct map If you have questions, call our City Clerk's office at 952-985-4404.
Are You Registered to Vote?
Voters must be registered with their current name and address. Voters who have moved or changed their name since the last election must update their registration. You can register or update your registration on the Secretary of State's website.
Registering online prior to Election Day is encouraged. You can also register or update your registration at your polling place when you vote. You will need proof of residence to register at your polling place. Learn more about registering when you vote.
For additional information regarding voter registration, visit the Secretary of State's website.