What is a pressure reducing valve (PRV)?
Your water pressure is determined by the elevation of water towers compared to the elevation of your home. The lower the elevation of your home compared to the tower elevation, the higher your water pressure will be. Some areas of Lakeville have relatively high water pressure. Homes with high pressure have a pressure reducing valve (PRV) in place to control pressure levels. If you notice banging pipes, called a water hammer, it is possible your PRV has malfunctioned. For assistance or replacement at no cost to you, contact the Utility Division at 952-985-2700.

Show All Answers

1. What is the hardness of the water in Lakeville?
2. Who is responsible for plumbing repairs inside the home?
3. How do I check for a suspected leak?
4. When are residential water meters read?
5. How often does the city flush fire hydrants?
6. What causes my water to have low pressure, be discolored, or have a funny taste or odor?
7. How much water do I waste in my home if there is a leak?
8. What is a water hammer?
9. What is a pressure reducing valve (PRV)?
10. Why are there colored flags or paint lines in my yard?
11. What is the cost of water and services?